Whether you are planning a party, friends get together afternoon or a Mexican fiesta, serving up a DIY Taco Bar is the perfect solution. The beauty of a taco party is that the guests make their own tacos from a selection of pre-prepared options, set out buffet-style. Planning a taco bar for graduation parties and get-togethers is a fun and economical way to serve your guests.
6 Reasons why you should host a Taco Bar:
- Tacos are affordable
- Tacos are a crowd pleaser…
- Tacos are very… easy to prepare
- Tacos are fun
- Tacos are such a healthy option
- Tacos are portable… gather all the ingredients in a food container and you’re done!
Where to start:
- When are you planning to host your taco bar party. Schedule on your calendar and send invitations at least 3 to 2 weeks before the party. Request RSVP.
- How many people are coming into your party.
- Groceries list ( see below my suggestions )
- When and how you can prepare the ingredients…
Here’s my taco bar checklist!
Ingredients for DIY Taco Bar
- Ground Beef
- Pulled Pork
2. Taco Shells
Choose no more than 3 taco shells options to keep things options.
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Jalapeños (fresh or pickled)
- Thinly sliced lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Onions
4. Gourmet Additions
- Black Olives
- Refried Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Pico de Gallo
- Hot chilli sauce
- Grilled Vegetables
- Mexican Slaw
- Mexican Rice
- Mango Salsa ( you can find at Costco which cost $7.89 )
You can serve Mexican drinks that you can find at Walmart with delicious flavors.
Tres Leches!!! You can find at any Walmart Stores! To save your time, I would suggest serving in individual containers or as a cupcake!